Friday, March 20, 2015

Artist Spotlight 2015 - Shelky Bean

 "I like creating mild controversy. And making things that I want to make. And it's great to have Independents Day as an excuse to make things that would otherwise probably remain in my notebook as scribbles, or wispy thoughts in my head".

YES to all of that! 


So we enter into the realm of a truly unique artist, the brilliant Shelky Bean. In the above quote Shelky was referring to her handmade birds (THE BIRDS) that she has made for independents day, and how some people might be tittering about them from a safe distance away. Rather than people sniggering at them, I think they will be one of the 'must have' items on the day. I love the idea of a room full of people walking around the co-op with bird rings. Lets make this happen!!


When she is not making birds, Shelky is also an accomplished painter, illustrator and artist. She has a whole range of amazing things for sale on her website, Duvet cases, iPhone covers and art prints to name but a few.

Shelky said she got into zines cause she "loves the scene that revolves around the creation of these little publications, and how it is so inclusive and diverse". I couldn't agree with you more, and I can't wait to see what "little publications" Shelky brings to the Co-op on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment